1. Take the ‘I love the Lake’ Pledge
Make a promise to do little things at home that will have a positive impact on the Lake. Join over 75 other community members who have already taken the pledge!
2. Become a Lake-Friendly Certified Home
If you’re practicing natural yard care, building healthy soil, reducing run-off, and watering wisely- you may qualify as a Lake-Friendly Certified Home. If you qualify, you’ll earn a yard sign.
1. View the certification checklist here.
2. Fill out the checklist or contact us for a free yard consultation if you need help getting started.
3. When you’re finished, our staff will contact you to schedule a brief visit to walk through the list with you at your home (make sure to include your preferred contact information on the survey). As long as you qualify, you’ll receive a sign at the end of the visit!
A glimpse of what you need to do to become certified:
- Properly dispose of lawn clippings or leave them on your lawn (no dumping in the back or in ditches)
- Practice some or all of the natural lawn care practices such as smart watering, soil building, native plants, and proper fertilizing
- Pick up pet-waste, scoop, bag, and place in trash
- Regularly maintain your septic system (recommended every 3 years)
- Check out the full checklist to see all the ways you can become certified at home!